Tozai Group has advised on a number of acquisitions in Asia involving private and public companies, as well as restructuring listed companies in preparation for a reverse takeover. We are hands on in our approach and therefore welcome fee structures involving equity participation.
Some examples of past transactions include:
- Tozai Group was selected over a number of large investment banks to represent the seller of a large privately owned English Language chain with over 200 schools in Japan. We identified a potential buyer, organised the due diligence process and led in the final negotiations. The buyer was a listed Japanese education group looking to enter the English language business.
- Tozai Group was adviser to the major shareholders of a large food manufacturer in Japan on selling the company. We identified various buyers and led the final negotiations with a Japanese private equity group focused on the food & beverage industry.
- Tozai Group invested into and restructured a Korean IT company listed on Kosdaq and transformed it into a biotech holding company. After several acquisitions, the company delisted and is now run as a privately owned biotech firm.
- Tozai Group restructured a German publicly listed company focused on the advertising and exhibition business in China. We successfully conducted a turnaround, negotiated the sale of its principal assets to a major British media company and repositioned the listed company as a holding company in the renewable energy sector for the Chinese Market.
- Tozai Group was adviser to the seller of "China Beauty Expo", a leading trade fair for cosmetics in Asia. We identified and negotiated an acquisition agreement with a Chinese buyer.
- Tozai Group was adviser to the buyer of a minority equity stake in a US based smart grid solution supplier. We identified and negotiated the investment on behalf of a European publicly listed company.
Integrity is critical in all transactions since the leakage of information can often affect our client's share price or market performance. For this reason, we only work on transactions that we believe in and would invest in ourselves.
As part of the Tozai Group East-West culture, we also offer Asian companies the same services to invest in Europe. Our extensive network of privately owned and publicly companies in Europe in numerous sectors allows us to leverage market knowledge that may not be available to Asian buyers. We are keen to hear from Asian companies and investors seeking acquisitions or investments in Europe.